Well, the title is pretty self explanatory to be fair.
Fans already knew what the new Bat Symbol looked like, after previews of Robert Pattinson’s Batsuit were screened, showing the bat symbol on the suit.
This led to a raging debate about whether the bat symbol on the suit was made from the gun that killed Bruce Wane’s parents (dark, huh?!)
Here is that image of the Bat Symbol:
And here’s the new Trademark for the Bat Symbol (batman logo) Applied for by DC Comics yesterday.
Seems pretty spot on to me!
As you would expect, the trademark for the batsymbol is applied for for ALL manner of good stuff.
My personal favourites:
(1) Fanny Packs (cos nothing says badass Dark Knight like a fanny pack, am I right?)
(2) Sealing Wax (I mean, are you even a super hero if you don’t have your own branded sealing wax?!); and
(3) Gardening Gloves (hey, even super heroes have to tend to their Gardens, and Wayne Manor can look like a right kip if the Garden isn’t kept pristine)
- Class 9 – Motion picture films featuring comedy, drama, action, adventure and/or animation, and motion picture films for broadcast on television featuring comedy, drama, action, adventure and/or animation; audio video discs, and digital versatile discs featuring music, comedy, drama, action, adventure, and/or animation; stereo headphones; batteries; cordless telephones; CD players; CD ROM computer game discs; telephone and/or radio pagers; compact disc players; radios; mouse pads; eyeglasses, sunglasses and cases therefore; downloadable software for use in playing online computer games, downloadable computer game software; computer game software for use on mobile and cellular phones; video and computer game programs; video game cartridges; computer and video games which are designed for hardware platforms, namely, game consoles and personal computers; computer game software for gaming machines including slot machines; computer software or firmware for games of chance on any computerized platform, including dedicated gaming consoles, video based slot machines, reel based slot machines and video lottery terminals; CD-ROM and digital versatile computer game discs and computer programs, namely, software linking digitized video and audio media to a global computer information network; downloadable audio-visual media content in the field of entertainment featuring animated motion pictures, television series, comedies, and dramas; computer software, namely, computer software for streaming audio-visual media content via the Internet, computer software for streaming and storing audio-visual media content, downloadable audio and video players for media content with multimedia and interactive functions; computer programs for accessing, browsing and searching online databases, software that enables users to play and program entertainment-related audio, video, text and multi-media content; computer application software for streaming and storing audio-visual media content; computer application software for streaming audio-visual media content via the Internet; downloadable computer software for streaming audio-visual media content via the Internet; downloadable computer software for streaming and storing audio-visual media content; downloadable publications in the nature of books featuring characters from animated, action adventure, comedy and/or drama features, comic books, children’s books, strategy guides, magazines featuring characters from animated, action adventure, comedy and/or drama features, coloring books, children’s activity books and magazines in the field of entertainment; cellular telephone accessories, namely hands-free accessories, cellular telephone covers and cellular telephone face covers; encoded magnetic cards, namely, phone cards, credit cards, gift cards, cash cards, debit cards and magnetic key cards; and decorative magnets.
- Class 16 – Printed matter and paper goods, namely, books featuring characters from animated, action adventure, comedy and/or drama features, comic books, children’s books, magazines featuring characters from animated, action adventure, comedy and/or drama features, coloring books, children’s activity books; stationery, writing paper, envelopes, notebooks, memo pads, diaries, note cards, greeting cards, trading cards, postcards; paper weights; wall planners; passport covers; non-metal money clips; pens, pencils, cases therefor; erasers; mechanical pencils; crayons, markers, coloring pens, colored pencils, pen sets, quill pens, painting sets, chalk and chalkboards; sealing wax; sealing stamps; stickers; decals; heat transfers; posters; paper pennants; adhesive plastic film with removable paper for mounting images for decorative purposes; lithographs; art prints; fine art prints; art mounts; mounted and/or unmounted photographs; bookends; book covers and book marks; calendars; gift wrapping paper; paper party decorations, namely, paper napkins, paper place mats, crepe paper, invitations, paper table cloths and paper cake decorations; temporary tattoos; printed transfers for embroidery or fabric appliqués; printed patterns for costumes, pajamas, sweatshirts and t-shirts.
- Class 18 – Athletic bags, baby backpacks, backpacks, beach bags, book bags, diaper bags, duffel bags, messenger bags, brief cases, gym bags, tote bags, coin purses, fanny packs, knapsacks, waist packs, shopping bags, re-useable shopping bags; umbrellas; wallets; accessories made of leather, namely wallets, handbags and belts.
- Class 21 – Glass, ceramic and earthenware goods, namely, bowls, plates, coffee cups, and cups; beverage glassware, namely, jugs, mugs and drinking glasses; dishes; cutting boards; pans; sugar and creamer sets; salt shakers; pepper pots; toothpicks; toothpick holders; napkin holders; tea caddies, not of precious metal; demitasse sets consisting of cups and saucers; plastic cups; infant cups; cookie jars; non-metal piggy banks; ceramic, glass and china figurines; non-electric coffee pots not of precious metal; kettles; lunch boxes; lunch pails; wastebaskets; wastepaper baskets; ice buckets; plastic buckets; shower caddies; cake molds; serving utensils, namely, pie servers, cake turners, spatulas, scrapers, and cake servers; plastic coasters; serving trays not of precious metal; thermal insulated containers for food or beverages; cookie cutters; cork screws; toothbrushes; toothbrush cases; soap boxes; combs and sponges; brushes (other than paint brushes); hair combs; hair brushes; cleaning combs; dusting brushes; brushes for clothes; brushes for pets; pet feeding bowls; bottle openers; bottles sold empty; water bottles sold empty; plastic water bottles; canteens; decanters; drinking flasks; towel holders; incense pots; vases not of precious metal; candlestick holders not of precious metal; gardening gloves; rubber household gloves; and dinnerware, namely, paper plates and paper cups; place mats, not of paper or textile; kitchen linens, namely, barbecue mitts, oven mitts and pot holders; drinking straws.
- Class 25 – Clothing for men, women and children – namely, shirts, t-shirts, sweatshirts, jogging suits, trousers, pants, shorts, tank tops, rainwear, cloth baby bibs, skirts, blouses, dresses, suspenders, sweaters, hoodies, jackets, coats, raincoats, snow suits, ties, robes, hats, caps, sunvisors, belts, scarves, sleepwear, pajamas, lingerie, underwear, boots, shoes, sneakers, sandals, socks, booties, slipper socks; swimwear; masquerade and Halloween costumes; paper hats.
- Class 28 – Toys and sporting goods, including games and playthings, namely, action figures and accessories therefor; playsets for action figures; toy furniture; plush toys; balloons; bathtub toys; ride-on toys; playing cards and card games; toy vehicles; dolls; flying discs; electronic hand-held game unit; game equipment for playing parlor-type computer game; game equipment sold as a unit for playing a board game, a card game, a manipulative game, a parlor game and an action type target game; stand alone video output game machines; slot machines; gaming equipment, namely, slot machines with or without video output; gaming machines, namely, devices which accept a wager; reconfigurable casino and lottery gaming equipment, namely, gaming machines and operational computer games software therefor sold as a unit; jigsaw and manipulative puzzles; paper face masks; skateboards; ice skates; water squirting toys; balls, namely, playground balls, soccer balls, baseballs, basketballs; baseball gloves; swimming floats for recreational use; kickboard flotation devices for recreational use; surfboards; swim boards for recreational use; swim fins; toy bakeware and toy cookware; toy banks; toy snow globes; paper party favors; paper party hats; toys for pets; Christmas tree ornaments; masquerade and Halloween masks.
- Class 30 – Cookies; crackers; breakfast cereal; bubble gum; chewing gum; cake decorations made of candy; frozen confections; frozen yogurt; ice cream; pretzels; peanut butter confectionery chips; malt biscuits; sugar confectionery, namely candy, candy bars, candy mints, candy coated and caramel popcorn, and candy decorations for cakes; rice cakes; pastilles; pastries; biscuits and bread; coffee beverages with milk; cocoa beverages with milk, chocolate-based beverages, coffee and coffee-based beverages, cocoa and cocoa-based beverages; tea, namely, ginseng tea, black tea, green tea, oolong tea, barley and barley-leaf tea; meat tenderizers for household purposes; binding agents for ice-cream; pasta; fruit sauces; chocolate; chocolate confectionery; chocolate decorations for Christmas trees; cakes; cake preparations; edible decorations for cake; popcorn; flavoured popcorn; cereal based snack foods; crispbread snacks; flour based savory snacks; corn chips; tortillas; frozen meals consisting primarily of pasta, frozen meals consisting primarily of rice, noodlebased prepared meals, pasta-based prepared meals, prepared meals consisting primarily of pasta, prepared meals consisting primarily of rice, prepared meals in the form of pizzas, all included in Class 30; canned pasta foods; processed ginseng.
- Class 41 – Education; providing of training; sporting and cultural activities; entertainment services, namely, providing online video games, providing online computer games; production of video and computer game software; entertainment services in the nature of live-action, comedy, drama, animated, and reality television series; production of live-action, comedy, drama, animated and reality television series; distribution and display of live-action, comedy, drama and animated motion picture theatrical films; production of live-action, comedy, drama and animated motion picture theatrical films; theatrical performances both animated and live action; Internet services providing information via an electronic global computer network in the field of entertainment relating specifically to games, music, movies, and television; providing entertainment via a web site featuring film clips, photographs and other multimedia materials; providing news about current events and entertainment, and information related to education and cultural events, via a global computer network; providing information for and actual entertainment via an electronic global communications network in the nature of live-action, comedy, drama and animated programs and production of live-action, comedy, drama and animated motion picture films for distribution via a global computer network; providing a computer game that may be accessed by a telecommunications network; electronic publishing services, namely, publication of text and graphic works of others on-line featuring articles, novelizations, scripts, comic books, strategy guides, photographs and visual materials; provision of non-downloadable publications in the nature of books featuring characters from animated, action adventure, comedy and/or drama features, comic books, children’s books, strategy guides, magazines featuring characters from animated, action adventure, comedy and/or drama features, coloring books, children’s activity books and magazines in the field of entertainment; amusement parks services; providing amusement park rides; providing live or pre-recorded shows and/or movies; entertainment and/or recreation information; entertainment club services; electronic games services provided via a global computer network; providing of casino and gaming facilities; entertainment services in the nature of multiplex cinema and theater development, film exhibition and film distribution; entertainment services provided by an on-line computer databases and on-line searchable databases; providing on-line computer database and on-line searchable databases in the fields of entertainment.
Check out the full application here – https://euipo.europa.eu/eSearch/#details/trademarks/018293016