Today’s daily rundown of interesting Intellectual Property, Copyright and Trade Mark news and bits and pieces from the web include what would happen to our IP rights in the event of Brexit, the Australian Trade Mark Office turning down a Trade Mark application for “McKosher”, Marks and Spencer “Simply” Trade Mark fight, The Earnhardt surname and whether an Earnhardt can use it, plus this day in Trade Mark history and much more! Click any of the links below for more… [Read more…]
So, here’s what’s happening in the world of Interesting IP today!
- Kris Jenner is being sued for being a #ProudMama
- The Krusty Krab (as in, from Spongebob!) is being sued…..yeah, really!
- The “Fine Brothers” are causing a bit of a broo ha ha (that’s the technical legal term) over an attempt to Trade Mark ‘react’
- Coachella are suing a music festival called
- Superbowl Super Law Suits!
- A man tried to claim Porche’s “Carrera” Trade Mark, and lost. Badly.
- Irish Politicians are being warned by the Data Protection Commissioner about breaching Data Protection Rules while canvassing
- Can Metatags on a website be the subject of Copyright proceedings?
Here’s a rundown of some of the more interesting bits and pieces from the web that have caught my eye so far today!
- Supermacs is going to keep on expanding, despite Trade Mark Setback;
- Sony tried to Trade Mark “Lets Play”, turns out, not so much!
- A bra designer is suing Victoria’s Secret,
- The Presidential hopefuls in the US can’t stop violating copyright,
- There’s still no deal on Safe Harbour
- Nokia (remember them!) just won a patent decision against Nokia! Let’s all play snake to celebrate!!
Time for another roundup of Trademarks, IP, Copyright, Patents and more in today’s Interesting IP! I’ve tried just embedding the tweets from my twitter timeline as the best way of presenting the information, I think it makes it a lot more eye catching, but let me know what you think. Today, Costa Coffee and the Vegan Trademark, Apple Watch and Fitbit both sued over their heartrate sensors, there’s good news for an Angry birds artist, and bad news for Russian Vodka drinks. [Read more…]
Happy Tuesday IP Lovers. Here’s today’s Interesting Intellectual Property stories… [Read more…]